Fwd: Etch moving to archive.debian.org

Hello mirror world. :)

As you maybe have read on debian-devel-announce, we are going to move
etch from the regular mirrors over to archive.debian.org.

Citing from that mail:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
As mentioned in the announcement for the last Etch point release
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2010/msg00005.html), we will
soon be moving etch from the main mirrors to archive.debian.org.
Security support for Etch ended in February 2010, and 4.0r9 was the final
roll-up release following this.

We intend to copy Etch to archive.debian.org on the evening (UTC) of
Sunday 20th June.  Etch will then gradually disappear from the mirrors;
the dists tree will be immediately removed and the files in the pool
will be removed in groups over the following few days.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

Which is what we just did.

Your next runs will notice the dists/ missing, the following days will
then see each mirror push slightly lowering the used disk space by
removing old files that have only been in etch etch. We take care that
no single push has more than something around 10000 files to
delete. This should suffice with the normal restrictions on file
deletions (the official ftpsync for example allows up to 40000).

--
bye, Joerg
"If you are using an Macintosh e-mail program that is not from Microsoft, we