No archive update in the next days, volatile rsync and misc news

Hello,

Here is a summary of news about Debian mirrors, for those who do not
follow the various Debian mailing-lists or IRC#debian-mirrors.

No archive update/push within the next days

FTPMasters work currently on the code that manages the Debian archive,
and disabled updates for some days [1].
As a consequence, you will no longer see push triggers or packages
updates for the next days.
So don't worry, everything should return to normal operation within this
week-end (31st Oct/1rd Nov).

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-infrastructure-announce/2009/10/msg00003.html

Volatile master
---------------

The volatile master previously referred volatile.debian.(net|org) is now
only available at volatile-master.debian.org, through rsync for the
moment.

For mirror that *pull* volatile archive, check whether your "standard
archive" upstream provides volatile, if so please ask them for a push,
and tell us your new volatile upstream at mirrors@d.o.

In any case, please select an upstream mirror close to you if possible
(for example your ftp.CC.d.o) from [2]. Don't expect
volatile-master.debian.org to be publicly opened at mid term.

[2] http://www.debian.org/volatile/volatile-mirrors

New and official mirrors
------------------------

We have now official Debian mirrors [3] in :
- New Caledonia: ftp.nc.debian.org
- Thailand: ftp.th.debian.org
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: ftp.ba.debian.org
- Ukraine: ftp.ua.debian.org
and some other new mirrors around the globe.

Many thanks to all the admins of Debian mirrors for the resources
offered to Debian users.

[3] http://www.debian.org/mirrors/official

Status of mirrors
-----------------

Unfortunately, we have to remove some others mirrors from the list from
time to time, because of freshness or accessibility issues.
That's why we remind all mirrors' admins that they *should* :
- use the recommended tool ftpsync: http://debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror#how
- avoid drop/close architectures or access protocol (moreover without
  prior notification)
- read the errors logs mailed by ftpsync
- for ISOs, do not perform manual updates, but *automatic* either pushed
  or pulled.

The web page giving the status of mirrors [4] is updated twice a day,
and gives a rough (but true) status.

A specific page checks the status of ISO/CDImage mirrors [5].

[4] http://mirror.debian.org/status.html
[5] http://www.de.debian.org/dmc/today/#sect_cd

--
Simon Paillard