Re: OOM while building ghc 9.4.5

On Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 01:35PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> The 18256 issue looks like it is a different complaint. 18256 tries to
> speed up compile time. An OOM kill is a different problem.

I agree. I linked to it because I wanted to point out that splitting the
GHC.Hs.Instances module is not an option, as noted in the issue.

> Looking at the original command, the project is using -O, which is
> -O2. Maybe you can drop it to -O1 -fno-inline.

If you notice towards the end of the command, we pass -O0, which
overrides the first -O. This used to work (and it's still useful for the
other 32-bit architectures) but doesn't work any more on mipsel.

--
Ilias