Re: Getting ready for the 2.39 branch/release

On 23.06.22 12:07, Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Matthias,

Debian and Ubuntu are using the current trunk for the releases in development. There's currently one issue that I'm aware of:

   https://bugs.debian.org/1013244

Is there a corresponding binutils PR for this ?

No, not yet.

Would the attached patch solve the problem ?

did you want to set ac_default_ld_warn_rwx_segments in the second chunk?

If the need for an executable stack is restricted to the hard-float ABI,
is there a way to determine this from the target configuration triplet ?

Is there an explanation somewhere of why the hard-float ABI needs an
executable stack - and possibly how this need might be removed ?

I had asked a mips porter, no reply yet.

Matthias