Re: Strange build failures on mips64el

Greetings MIPS porters, (and adding Java Team as well)

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 11:31 PM Olek Wojnar <olek@debian.org> wrote:
Hello again MIPS porters,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 8:35 PM YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com> wrote:
Olek Wojnar <olek@debian.org> 于2020年11月12日周四 上午3:57写道:

> Dear MIPS porters,
>
> I've had my bazel-bootstrap package fail to build twice on mips64el [1]. The error I'm seeing is: "The system is out of resources." This has happened on two different buildds so it seems more than a coincidence. Do any of you have an idea of what might be causing this? The package *should* build on all 64-bit architectures and it builds successfully on all other 64-bit architectures in Debian.

Let me have a try on my Loongson machines.

Any luck figuring out what's going on? I just had another strange failure for gRPC-java [2] and I don't really know what to make of it either.

Good news, the grpc-java issue is now fixed.

I'd appreciate any advice. If this is a bug, which package should I file it against? Thanks!

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to build bazel-bootstrap on this architecture. I added memory to the Java build [3] so it no longer fails from running out of heap space. However, it now fails with an exception (Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1).

I created a Dockerfile [4] that will allow for an easy demonstration of the problem from any host architecture.

I'd appreciate any insights. Thanks!

-Olek (subscribed to both Bazel and Java lists so no need to copy me if you're copying either of those lists)

[3] https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel-bootstrap/-/commit/7ddf230cc1e68caadacfc7bc6b9401f8bff3588e
[4] https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel-bootstrap/-/blob/olek-mips-riscv/debian/mips64el.Dockerfile