Re: Testsuite failure on mips64el, solved with '-fno-inline'

Dear Håvard,

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 1:33 PM Håvard Flaget Aasen
<haavard_aasen@yahoo.no> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've had some issues with the package c-blosc. The testsuite started
> to fail on mips64el. I found a solution, adding  '-fno-inline' in
> CFLAGS in d/rules.
>
> Does this seem to be a valid solution or, does it only hide a problem
> with the source code?
> There are a couple of things I find strange, the testsuite only failed
> on mips64el and only after GCC-11 was the default compiler, (several
> other packages have also been updated), though it doesn't need to be
> related.

I suspect that `-fno-inline` is simply not the right solution. Of
course, the right solution would be for gcc-11 to properly compile the
code, but I would suggest a slightly more specific solution in the
meantime. I would suggest:

ifneq (,$(filter $(DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU), mips64el))
CFLAGS+=-O1
endif

^ -O1 will be added at the end of the compilation flags, and will
override the current -02.

If that works, we should forward the issue back to gcc people.

Thanks for your work on c-blosc.

-M