Re: Please revert CONFIG_MIPS_O32_FP64_SUPPORT change mipsel

Ivo De Decker <ivodd@debian.org> 于2021年2月9日周二 下午9:45写道:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 08:15:38PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > > That's probably a solution for bullseye/sid, however we can't backport
> > > such changes and rebuild the go world in buster. I therefore think that
> > > for buster the kernel change has to be reverted.
> >
> > What is clear at this point is that the kernel change should be reverted
> > in buster since it causes a regression (including build failures on
> > buildds). I am cloning this bug for a revert in the kernel of
> > https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/commit/947fbc66183d022fe3de7871dfb262d2b87af826
> >
> > I am marking the version in bullseye as found since we might run into
> > the same problem again when buster DSAs will be built on machines
> > running the bullseye kernel after the release of bullseye. It might be
> > possible to mitigate this problem (e.g. in the kernel or by keeping some
> > buildd running with the buster kernel), but without an open bug this
> > issue might get forgotten and then resurface after the bullseye release.
>
> Could the mips porters comment on this? Given that we're close to the release
> of bullseye, I'm not convinced it's a good idea to change this now.

Yes. It will be a problem to run with buster's golang program on
bullseys's kernel.
Let's have another way to get this problem sloved without revert this changes.

Maybe detect the golang applications and run them in FP32 mode?