Re: Strange build failures on mips64el

Hello MIPS and Java teams,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 12:57 AM Olek Wojnar <olek@debian.org> wrote:
Greetings MIPS porters, (and adding Java Team as well)

I created a Dockerfile [4] that will allow for an easy demonstration of the problem from any host architecture.

Ok, despite some great help from upstream, we're a bit stumped. We've solved all the previous problems but we're now seeing the following error: [5]
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Cannot clean output directory 'bazel-out/mips64-dbg/bin/src/main/java/com/google/devtools/build/lib/bazel/_javac/BazelServer/BazelServer_temp/native_headers'
<snip>
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: bazel-out/mips64-dbg/bin/src/main/java/com/google/devtools/build/lib/bazel/_javac/BazelServer/BazelServer_temp/native_headers: failed to delete one or more files; see suppressed exceptions for details
<snip>
Suppressed: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: native_headers: Is a directory
<snip>
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixSecureDirectoryStream.implDelete(UnixSecureDirectoryStream.java:207)

So it sounds like it does not want to delete the directory because it's a directory...??? Is this a Java bug on the mips64el platform? Or is there something else we're missing here. As much as I'd love to get this working on mips for bullseye, I'm out of my depth here and would really love some help!

Thanks in advance!

-Olek

[5] https://gist.githubusercontent.com/olekw/d46a31af43912e995ab50356dd39c7f8/raw/827a9c3ca1bf6e22bd62ed58d8b2e4a6fcad38d1/mips64el-bazel-fail