Re: Bypassing the 2/3/4GB virtual memory space on 32-bit ports

Hi!

On 8/8/19 10:38 PM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Any comments, ideas, or help here?
I'm by no means a GHC nor Haskell expert, but I think it should be generally
feasible to add native code generation support in GHC for all architectures
which are supported by LLVM.

According to a bug report I saw upstream [1], adding native support for GHC
through LLVM is comparably easy and might be a good options for mips*, riscv*,
s390x and sparc* which all are officially supported by LLVM but have no NGC
in GHC (with the exception of SPARC which has a 32-bit NGC that James Clarke is
currently porting to SPARC64 [2]).

I would be willing to support such a project financially (e.g. BountySource).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz