Re: Running mipsel guest under libvirt/qemu

James Cowgill wrote...

> I remember trying to use libvirt some time ago on mips and having to
> manually specify the base address of the serial port on malta. I found
> this config file but its a few years old so it might not work anymore.

Thanks. Adding

    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
      <address type='isa' iobase='0x3f8' irq='0x4'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <address type='isa' iobase='0x3f8' irq='0x4'/>
    </console>

using "virsh edit" provides a working a serial console. Aside, adding a
speed like "console=ttyS0,115200" makes the installation a bit more
smooth.

> I expect there are very few users of qemu-mipsel with libvirt. Some of
> the issues you've encountered may be genuine bugs.

Indeed. Now I'm stuck at network configuration. virtio-net isn't
properly detected, and e1000 results in kernel errors.

The quest continues ...

    Christoph