Re: O: cobalt-panel-utils -- System utilities for Sun Cobalt's LCD and LEDs
- To: Tobias Frost <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Chris Lamb <email@example.com>, Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: O: cobalt-panel-utils -- System utilities for Sun Cobalt's LCD and LEDs
- From: Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 23:58:09 +0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1474837772.1436951.736569305.7776978E@webmail.messagingengine.com> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 08:28:47AM +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
> Hi Adrian, Chris
> Am Sonntag, den 25.09.2016, 22:09 +0100 schrieb Chris Lamb:
> > Adrian,
> > >
> > > [..]
> > In the first case please re-upload the latest version and ping me; I
> > will
> > fast-track it through NEW.
> > (Or Tobias uploads, it doesn't matter).
> I do not have intention to reintroduce it. It should be done by someone
> how wants to take care about it -- as Maintainer. Without maintainer we
> will have it rotting again.
"rotting" is just a way to make "it worked" sound bad.
I am still hoping that someone of the MIPS maintainers could say whether
or not there is a chance that some Cobalts might still be working with
stretch - this is the relevant question.
"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed