Re: [mipsel-manda-01.debian.org] lemote-3a-itx-a1101 kernel boot issues

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 10:56 +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:
>
>> Maybe you need updating pmon?
>
> Which version of pmon do you use?
>
> Where can we find updates for pmon?

Latest version for the 1101 series could be this one:
http://www.loongson.cn/dev/ftp/lemote/3a-itx/newstyle/pmon-3aitx-all01-4.0.1-20140618.bin

Updates can be found at these two locations:
http://www.loongson.cn/dev/ftp/lemote
http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/lm/kernel/testing/

> I note that pmon isn't available in Debian, is anyone planning on
> packaging it? It would be nice if we could update it easily.

I don't think pmon is at a state that suitable for packaging because
lemote to be maintaining separate branches of pmon for different
version of hardware. Also, it's something BIOS-like, and personally I
don't think we shall take the blame if an update brick someone's
hardware.

Regards,
Aron Xu