Re: bind9 failures on mips

* Robert Edmonds:

> James Cowgill wrote:
>> But to be honest, I would just replace all the functions in that file
>> with calls to the C11 atomic functions which GCC implements itself -
>> this way you can be sure they're right:
>
> What minimum version of gcc would be necessary?  The last time I looked
> at this topic, gcc still did not have stdatomic.h, but I see that's
> changed now.

GCC 4.7 has very similar atomic built-ins:

<https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.4/gcc/_005f_005fatomic-Builtins.html#g_t_005f_005fatomic-Builtins>

But the previous built-ins go *way* back:

<https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html>

The question is whether the relevant MIPS variants have proper support.
I don't know the answer.