Re: Inconsistency about struct stat and dev_t on mips and mipsel

Hi,

meanwhile i plan to settle with a generic solution:

  dev_t dev_param;
     /* Do not rely on sizeof(stbuf->st_rdev)==sizeof(dev_t), (Debian mips) */
     Xorriso_node_get_dev(xorriso, *node, path, &dev_param, 0);
     stbuf->st_rdev = dev_param;

James Cowgill wrote:
> I don't think Linux (the kernel) currently supports 64-bit device
> numbers on any arch.

Now i wonder why dev_t is 64 bit on the first hand.

Isn't it a kernel interface type ?
I understand that on my machine #include <sys/types.h> is read from
  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/types.h
and merely maps kernel types to userland types.

> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/include/linux/types.h?id=refs/tags/v4.3-rc1

Doesn't <sys/types.h> stem from this file on mips ?

(In the 90s i have been sitting puzzled in front of
 DECstation, SGI Iris, and Sony NEWS. But that was more
 due to my own questionable programming efforts.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas