Re: o32 != n32

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 09:27 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hello MIPS gurus,
>
> Could someone please let me know if this is possible to have a
> dual-ABI system (eg: n32 & o32) on MIPS. On my x86-64 system I can run
> a multi-arch system (x86 & x86-64), thanks to the recent multi-arch
> effort.
>
> Is it possible on MIPS ? Does it make sense ?

If you have a 64-bit kernel then that should completely work (all Debian
kernels except for 4kc are 64-bit).

If you then install gcc-multilib you should be able to pass -mabi=n32 to
gcc to get n32 binaries (or -mabi=64 for n64 binaries). I haven't done a
huge amount of testing with it, but you should also be able to add the
mips64el debian repo which contains everything recompiled with n64. Then
you should be able to do proper multiarch.

See: http://mipsdebian.imgtec.com/

Thanks,
James