Re: Cobalt RaQ2 boot/shutdown sequence on LCD

On 2015-03-02 5:11 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 5:52 PM, viz@cgocable.ca <viz@cgocable.ca> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I used to have a patch or script to display startup and shutdown scripts on
boot and shutdown years ago.

I can't seem to find it online anymore and I have just refreshed my 2
RaQ2's. I'd like to have that information again if someone could help me
find the patch/script to achieve this.

It would say "Starting up ..." on the first line, and the second line would
show "apache.sh" and change for every script.
I don't know if this is the same thing, but Gentoo has a
sys-apps/cobalt-panel-utils package. The homepage is dead since 2008,
but the tarball is still available on the mirrors:

http://gentoo.osuosl.org/distfiles/cobalt-panel-utils-1.2.tar.gz
Dead link unfortunately. All I could find was a .ebuild which didn't help me much.

I guess if I could understand how init.d scripts are called, I could sneak a putlcd command in the loop to change the display. If that is even possible?