Re: mips buildds (was: Re: Bits from the Release Team: transitions, architectures, freeze!)

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 01:52:20PM +0000, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> >  * mips [3]
>
> > [3] Current hardware is a concern, but in the process of being dealt
>
> Hi,

Hi,

> mips had a huge backlog of unbuilt packages which has cleared very
> quickly in the past 2 days:
> https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-week-big.png
>
> Is that due to having new hardware now?

It's mostly due to me having started again a temporary build daemon
called swarm, after getting the agreement from the release team. It is
hosted in my home and not DSAed, so it means manual signing and so on.

> I notice a new mips machine in use I've not seen before:
> https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=mips-aql-02
> could porters explain a little about that?

This is the new hardware that was in the process of being dealt. It has
been started this morning, so it might have partly contributed to the
last point of the plot. mips-aql-01 should also be available in a few
hours.

I take the opportunity of this email to thanks all the persons who made
that possible: DSA, ImgTec for the hardware, AQL for the hosting and
probably a few other persons I have forgotten/I am not aware of.

Cheers,
Aurelien