Re: blitz++ did not yet build on mips

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 09:51:48AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Andreas Tille (andreas@an3as.eu) [141026 08:04]:
> > could you please have a look what might be wrong here:
> >
> >    https://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=blitz++
>
> You could check yourself via buildd.debian.org and search for your
> package. There you could see that it failed to build twice at the same
> location, at starting to run the examples. Also that took way longer
> than it used to be.
>
> So I would recommend checking that on the porterbox (which part of the
> build is taking that long? Is there a command that doesn't run
> anymore? etc). If you have a minimal example that doesn't work and
> need further help, feel free to check with us again.

I need to admit that libblitz++ is very low on my priotity list - I just
cared a bit for it since it was orphaned years ago in Debian Science
team.  Since I do not know the internals I can not up with examples.  I
can only confirm that the code did not changed since years and that my
only relevant change was to use autoreconf.

In case these hints do not help mips porters to find a solution (may be
simply rebuild on a more powerfull machine) perhaps Christophe (uploaded
last package version) or somebody else might have some clue.

For me personally the only option qould be to ask ftpmaster for removing
the package from mips architecture.  This would be a trade of between
making it available on mips (old package 0.10-1) or amd64 and ppc64el
(new package 0.10-2).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--