Re: dico FTBFS on mips/mipsel -- RFH

On Thu, 2014-09-25 at 19:10 +1000, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-09-18 15:14:53 +0200, Marc Dequènes (Duck) wrote:
> > Coin,
> >
> > Dico's testsuite fails when testing its guile module, which cannot be loaded.
> >
> > When built without cleanup it can be reproduced using:
> >   ./dicod/dicod --config modules/guile/tests/dicod.conf --stderr -i
> >
> > We made straces (attached) of the load on mipsel and amd64 and saw strange
> > differences at some point. It starts loading the dico guile module which
> > drags its linkdeps, loading libguile-2.0.so.22 and a few others until it
> > reaches libm.so.6. Then after the second mmap, which succeed, on mipsel it
> > starts munmapping many blocks and then strangely try to reload the dico
> > guile module again (which fails because the in-place build path is not known
> > anymore). I attached the guile.la file containing the linking command.
> >
> > Could someone help us find out what's going on?

I've had a small look at this (I don't have much at the moment).

When you run your example with LD_DEBUG=libs, you get the error:
 /usr/lib/mips-linux-gnu/libgc.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: __data_start (fatal)

The Boehm GC headers (on some arches) indicate that the calling program
is expected to define __data_start somewhere (presumably by gcc) and
this isn't happening.

James