timeout during g++

Hello Mips-porters,

My package, openmsx, failed to build on mips due to a compiler timeout.
(#754757) Looking at the earlier successful buildd logs, it has always taken
quite long to build.  In the bug it was reported that compilation does succeed
if it is not interrupted, so the compiler doesn't hang.  It can be worked
around by disabling optimization, but my guess is that if even the buildds are
so slow, mips users will need all the optimization they can get.

What do you suggest I do?  My preference would be to get the timeout value
increased, so that it will build as is.  Is that an option?

Thank you,
Bas Wijnen

Ps: Please Cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed.