Re: [Help] Testsuite of abinit fails on mips

Hi Andreas,

A while ago I looked at abinit 7.4.2 and 7.4.3 and found that it had lots of
test failures on both amd64 and i386. Looking closely at those failures, I
found that they were all differences at the 7th or 8th significant figure
between test output and a sample output that was prepared by an executable
from a different compiler (ifort, iirc) with different libraries etc.

That said, the error messages you have in that build log are different to
what I recall. The test suite actually generates quite a lot of extra output
that you can browse through -- you'd have to jump on a porter box and redo
the build (all 12 hours of it!?) to get that information.

(Yes, this arch might have uncovered some bug in abinit or its test suite or
in gfortran... but this is one of those packages that no-one is going ever
going to use on mips. If it takes 25-times as long to compile it on mips vs
i386, I wonder which platform will be picked to do the simulations with
abinit?)

cheers
Stuart

--