Re: Multilib directory of n32 libs

> On 05/27/2014 06:58 PM, Yunqiang Su wrote:
>> Sorry for dig it out again :-(
>>
>> If we put o32 multilib libraries in to /usr/lib directly, it will
>> make lots of packages ftbfs, if they use -L/usr/lib.
>>
>> For this problem, we have another option that is:
>>
>> put ld.so.1 for o32 still in /lib while put other libraries to
>> /usr/libo32 and /libo32.

> As has been said many times before, there are already standard
> locations established for libraries on MIPS systems.

> 32-bit o32 ABI -> /lib, /usr/lib
> 64-bit n32 ABI -> /lib32, /usr/lib32
> 64-bit n64 ABI -> /lib64, /usr/lib64

Are you sure that these "standard" locations apply to the mips64el
debian port?  I think Yunqiang is talking about mips64el systems and not
Debian mipsel in general.  Using /usr/lib only for the native mips64el
libraries seems to be consistent with how things are handled on x86_64.

What would you suggest WRT the build failures that Yunqiang mentioned?
Do we now need to file bugs against all packages that assume that one or
another library resides in /usr/lib?  That might slow down the porting
efforts a lot.

> The new Debian way of doing things puts things in directories something like:

> /lib/mips-linux-gnu
> /lib/mips64-linux-gnuabi64
> /lib/mips64-linux-gnuabin32

This would at least keep o32 libraries out of /usr/lib.  Yunqiang, any
problems with switching to these directories?

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F