Re: efl FTBFS on mipsel (SIGBUS-related testsuite failure)

Hi Arnaud,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Arnaud Patard
<arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org> wrote:
> so it's using sdc1 with 0(s1). s1 contains 0x00468bec. Oops. iirc sdc1
> requires the data to be aligned on 8 [1] and clearly s1 is not, so you're
> getting a SIGBUS. That's all I can say but I hope it'll help you a
> little (I'm even wondering why sdc1 is used but well, it's getting late
> here so I'm probably missing something).

Good point, thanks a lot! I got confused because the SIGBUS handler
checked for siginfo->si_code == BUS_ADRALN to see if the SIGBUS was
caused by unaligned accesses, but it turns out that Linux 3.2 on MIPS
reports SI_KERNEL instead in that case. I managed to track down the
issue with some help from upstream; the bug should be fixed in the
next upload.

Thanks!
--
Albin