Fwd: Contribution for Application

My name is  Shagun Shaily and I am an applying for this year's O.P.W program.The following are the mails exchanged between me and the mentor(Daniel Pocock)

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Contribution for Application
------------------------

From: Shagun Shaily <shinyshaily@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 1:15 AM
To: daniel@pocock.com.au

Sir,
I am completely new to the opensource world and new to OPW as well.Since I do have little knowledge as well as  interest in financial market,I am very much interested in contributing towards your project.I have some little knowledge of algo trading as well.I know c,c++and basics of python and R and am familiar with visual studio 2010 and new to Qt.Unfortunately I don't know SQl yet but am planning to learn it soon.Please tell me how shall I contribute towards your project so as to apply for it.Since I am completely new to open source world some guidance will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Regards
Shagun Shaily