Stability issues with Wheezy/Linux 3.2.0 on Loongson2f

Hi,

about a week ago I upgraded my Fuloong 6014 from Debian Squeeze (with a
self-built kernel package for 2.6.39.4) to Debian Wheezy and am now
running Debian's kernel from package linux-image-3.2.0-4-loongson-2f.

Since then I've encountered system deadlocks every one-two days (the
system in question is running continuously 24/7).  Deadlock meaning,
that the system does seems completely dead, even num-lock LED cannot be
toggled any more (but fan is still spinning etc.).

I never had stability problems on kernel 2.6.39.  I did have a single
deadlock when testing the debian-backports kernel package for kernel
3.2.0 on debian squeeze (but I ran that kernel only for about 2 days
before upgrading to Wheezy).

This looks like a kernel issue to me.  Any ideas what's happening here?
Any ideas how to work around the problem?  Are there any settings that
are known to cause problems on Loongson2f?  I already sort of disabled
frequency scaling by running

  cpufreq-set --min 800MHz --max 800MHz

but that doesn't help wrt stability.

How would I move forward trying to identify the cause of these lockups?
So far I have seen nothing in syslog that may help to explain why the
system stopped working at the exact times it did.  May be related to
disk activity (lockup often happen at night, while logcheck or tiger are
running).

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F