Re: kernels for Loongson 3A

This is the kernel we are using for mips64el port.

You can build it by:

fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch_mipsel_none_loongson-3a
or
fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch_mips64el_none_loongson-3a

I tested the later one. It works although it boots very slow (about
several min to uncompress kernel).
You can get the my kernel package from
     http://people.ubuntu.com/~wzssyqa/linux_3.6.12-1.dsc

I got this kernel by [1]:
1. git clone the linux-3.6 branch lemote linux-offical repo.
        git clone git://dev.lemote.com/linux-official.git
        git checkout linux-3.6
        mv linux-offical linux
        tar --exclude-vcs -czf  linux-3.6.12.tar.gz linux
2. donwload the linux 3.6 source package from debian  snapshot, and unpack it
        dget -x
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20121206T153720Z/pool/main/l/linux/linux_3.6.9-1~experimental.1.dsc

3. cp the linux tree from lemote the the tree from debian-snapshot,
and refresh the debian patches
4. build the package.

In this package, I add a patch called mips64-add-getdents64.diff.
It is from [2] while is modified to fit for 3.6 and have a different
syscall number,
which may be a problem.
If you doubt it, you can drop this patch.

[1]: http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html
[2]: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=dec33abaafc89bcbd78f85fad0513170415a26d5
--
YunQiang Su