Re: Stability issues with Wheezy/Linux 3.2.0 on Loongson2f

> * David Kuehling (dvdkhlng@posteo.de) [131103 16:00]:
>> Since then I've encountered system deadlocks every one-two days (the
>> system in question is running continuously 24/7).  Deadlock meaning,
>> that the system does seems completely dead, even num-lock LED cannot
>> be toggled any more (but fan is still spinning etc.).
>>
>> I never had stability problems on kernel 2.6.39.  I did have a single
>> deadlock when testing the debian-backports kernel package for kernel
>> 3.2.0 on debian squeeze (but I ran that kernel only for about 2 days
>> before upgrading to Wheezy).

> Can you try the old kernel if it happens with the old kernel and new
> userland?

After running Wheezy's update-initramfs for my old 2.6.39 kernel, it now
refuses to boot (initrd panics with something like "bin/sh : libc6.so
not found").  I still had an older 2.6.38 kernel+initrd lying in my
/boot which I am now using.  In a few days we'll know whether that makes
a difference WRT stability.

Meanwhile I'm startled and a little frustrated, that Wheezy's initrd
tools seem incompatible with with my 2.6.39 kernel.  Could be something
about the multiarch stuff that came with Wheezy (initrd's libc nowadays
resides in /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/loongson2f/), but why should the kernel
version make any difference?

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F