iceweasel on Fuloong (was: What is the status of Debian on Lemote Fuloong?)

* Javier Vasquez (j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com) [120708 17:25]:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Andreas Barth <aba@ayous.org> wrote:
> > * Javier Vasquez (j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com) [120708 01:09]:
> >> At any rate wht makes more curious is that iceweasel from official
> >> debian repo doesn't work for me at all when browsing over gmail
> >> account.  It just freezes.  So I keep using an old anheng version on
> >> testing for iceweasel.
> >
> > Oh? Testing? Unstable? Doesn't it work anywhere or is just gmail
> > affected? If it doesn't work at all we definitly need to get that
> > fixed.
>
> Unstable, sorry for not mentioning it.  But it's been the case since I
> ever installed debian, going through at least verion 9, and don't
> remember if 8 when it was available on experimental...
>
> As far as I can tell it freezes on gmail, and bank accounts.  But if
> it doesn't work on gmail and such bank accounts, I drop it, since I
> access it only through the web interface, and look for alternatives,
> :-)  I had problems even in plain html mode though.  I can't tell if
> it still freezes on plain html mode now a days, I haven't tried.

Further question: "It freezes" means just the iceweasel programm
freezes, or the whole system?

> put the anheng versions on hold through aptitude, and my late trials
> consist on installing current unstable version of iceweasel
> (experimental if available, but mipsel is lacking current experimental
> version as of now),

It failed to build, see
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=iceweasel&arch=mipsel&ver=13.0.1-2&stamp=1341651421

Getting that fixed might be helpful too.

Andi