Re: debian-live not supporting mipsel?

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 04:03:27PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> I've installed live-build package on my lemote-2f mini-pc, and as the
> package is a mipsel one, I was expecting to be able to produce a live
> usb image.  However on the very first instruction:
>
> % lb config -b hdd
> [2012-05-01 14:58:33] lb_config -b hdd
> P: Considering defaults defined in /etc/live/build.conf
> E: Architecture(s) mipsel not yet supported (FIXME)
>
> As you see there's an error indicating that mipsel is not supported
> yet.  I'd guess one could create a live usb image for other
> architectures on a mipsel box, but not a mipsel one, :-)
>
> Is this just something that can be worked around, or definitely
> there's no way to create a live image for mipsel?

It basically means nobody adapted it:

http://live.debian.net/gitweb?p=live-build.git;a=blob;f=functions/defaults.sh;h=b1efd6b8799fc883b3e9c8a95a9c950d7c4ce3af;hb=HEAD#l832

If you feel like doing it, go ahead. "Fixing that part in defaults.sh
should be simple. But then again, how does a live image for a lemote
system look like? Will grub work? If so, maybe simply fixing
scripts/build/lb_binary_grub2 will do the trick. Anyway, you'll probably
need to focus on the lb_binary* scripts.

The right place to ask about this is the debian-live list (or IRC
channel, or whatever).

http://live.debian.net/
http://live.debian.net/devel/live-build/

Note that Squeeze has live-build 2.x and development is of live-build
3.x, which has many changes.

tzafrir@debian.org    |                    | friend