Re: [debian-mips] Lemote mini-pc pmon + grub.elf + grub

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> * Javier Vasquez (j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com) [110910 19:58]:
>
> I'm not sure if grub-yeelong is the right package for that. I'm using
> grub build from trunk, and it works. (My reason for using trunk was
> however the 2e-support, and as I have 2e, and decided to just use it
> for 2f as well.)

> Looks good to me for the first look.
>
> Does your machine do any output at the serial console?
>

> (For reference, I have a hand-build grub.elf by using
> grub-mkimage -O mipsel-loongson-elf -o grub.elf normal linux ata usb_keyboard ohci part_msdos ext2 xfs part_gpt ls halt reboot usbms gzio search lspci help ahci blocklist date elf pata configfile echo
> which works.)
>

> Andi

Hi,

As grub 2.0 was finally released with support for fuloong, I went for
traditional make + make install, since debian's experimental
grub-yeeloong is broken and doesn't install well (and the unstable one
still doesn't work with fuloong)...

I confirmed with  just "grub-install" the ELF image generated is good
for mini-pc.  So now that works.  However I couldn't make the keyboard
work on the grub menu, so I couldn't get to select the linux image to
load on the menu...  I even included the usb and the usb_keyboard grub
modules through GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES on /etc/default/grub.

Any hints?

Thanks,

--
Javier.