Re: Cobalt Qube 2

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 08:28:55AM +0000 Andy Barnes said:
> On 7 March 2012 19:30, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> > I see two problems:
> >
> > * Andy Barnes <andy@barnes.net> [2012-03-07 15:54]:
> >> host cobalt {
> >>       hardware ethernet 00:10:e0:00:e1:3d;
> >>
> >> host qube {
> >>       hardware ethernet 00:10:e0:00:e1:3d;
> >
> > You're using the same MAC.  One of these entries should be for
> > 00:10:e0:00:bf:04
>
> I don't know how but that was just a typo from my copy/paste of the values.
> It is set correctly in dhcpd.conf, when I change it to the wrong mac
> address this is the output I get on the Qube:

<snip>

It's been ages since I used a Cobalt Qube 2 but my experiences with the
two devices I had are documented here:

http://gnubies.com/linux/cobalt_qube.html

http://gnubies.com/linux/cobalt_qube2.html

You may find something there which is of use.

One of the things I had to do to get the installation going was to add
no_root_squash to the /etc/exports file.

I noticed that you are using 192.168.1.0 - which is the network address -
in some places in your dhcpd.conf. One would normally use a specific private
IP for the gateway machine and the one that does the name resolution.

Sam
---------
(Sam Varghese)