Re: MIPS64R2 Target on QEMU

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 05:51:44PM +0500, Zain Ahmed wrote:
> I am trying to emulate a new MIPS64R2 based target in QEMU, which actually
> uses U-Boot as a bootloader. Can I skip U-Boot and and directly load the
> kernel as it is done in Malta Mips 64 board??

I think it can be done. Just try it. It will be something like

   qemu-system-mips64 -kernel your/path/to/vmlinux.elf

Qemu then starts your mips64 elf binary.
When it fails, you have your original challenge:
 Which part is the failing part?

In other words:

As I see it, two completely new compoments are the interresting problems.

> Regards,
> Zain

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.