Re: configuring emacs fails on mipsel wheezy

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:29:41 +0200
Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> * mforestier (mforestier@free.fr) [111010 17:15]:
> > Hello!
> > For emacs, xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion, libre-office and even
> > for the kernel, we have to use china's "bjlx" sources!
>

> Eh? What are the patches? Where are the bug reports? For
> xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion I know the bug report, but for the
> other packages? Especially the kernel should run fine.
>

> Andi

Hi Andi,

debian foolong-2f kernel: seems to work pretty well for the limited time that I used it. Only problem I encountered was that the hotkey [fn-f5] to activate wireless doesn't work. There may be a way to resolve this problem. The bjlx kernel has a working hotkey for the wireless device. I would like to hear what other users' experiences have been with the debian kernel.

libreoffice: Here is the bug report for the removal of libreoffice in debian mipsel unstable:

emacs: there is a problem with the libraries I think; haven't found any bug reports specifically about it yet. I noticed that there are several libc6 packages, but the libc6-loongson-2f wasn't installed automatically during the installation process. This is just a guess!

- Paul

--
Paul Roge
PhD Candidate, Agroecology Lab