Re: Need help figuring out an e2fsprogs FTBFS on mips/mipsel

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 10:10:41PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> Userland is 32bit everywhere (or should), and kernel is 64bit
> everywhere. In fact, gabrielli, lucatelli and corelli should be
> exactly same kernel and chroot wise.
>
> I'll try to build it in a "real" buildd chroot and see where I end.

Thanks for looking into the build failure!

1.42 is the first major release of e2fsprogs in a while, so a bunch of
portability problems has shown up in the 1.42 pre-releases.

If you could also let me know whether I still need this stuff in the
debian/rules file:

# we can't use those flags at configure time
MIPS_CFLAGS= -G 0 -fno-pic -mno-abicalls
MIPS_CFLAGS_64= -mabi=64 -G 0 -fno-pic -mno-abicalls

There is some kind of explanation at:

... but there isn't enough there for me to completely understand
what's going on here, and why we need this mips-specific hack in the
Debian rules file.

Is it still needed?  I'd love to remove as much architecture specific
stuff as possible from debian/rules.

Thanks, regards,

					- Ted