MIPS linux-header 2.6.37 package -- miss of Kbuild.platforms and Platform files

Dear list,

I was trying to create an out-of-tree module on MIPS
linux-image-2.6.37 (the machine I use is a Loongson 2F). The
compilation didn't go through, and the error messages mainly
complained about that

   ... arch/mips/Kbuild.platforms does not exist.

After some digging, it turned out that several Platform files under
the subdirectories of arch/mips are missing as well. And all these
missing files are in linux-source-2.6.37 package. After copying them
to the corresponding locations under linux-header, the compilation
went through.

According to Shiwei, who is cced in this email, all these packages are
created using Debian standard tools. After some searching, this link
popped up:

  http://lwn.net/Articles/410890/

it mentioned that, starting from 2.6.36, there are some changes to the
MIPS Kbuild platform files. Does it mean we need to change the
configuration of the build tool accordingly? Since I don't know how to
fix this one, hope someone can shed some light on it.

Thanks, Gang

--
Gang Liang
Life is beautiful!