Re: Ubiquity Routerstation Pro?

Tim Nelson <tnelson <at> fudnet.net> writes:

> Greetings fellow 'MIPS'ers-
>
> I've just acquired a Ubiquity Routerstation Pro [1] embedded board. It's
> running an Atheros AR7161 MIPS CPU @ 680MHz, 128MB DDR RAM, mPCI slots,
> onboard USB, etc.
>
> Has anyone successfully run Debian on this board? I come from the 'ARM
> world' where I typically populate the rootfs using debootstrap, and
> compile a kernel using vanilla source from kernel.org and a cross
> compile toolchain (either from Codesourcery [2] or self build with
> crosstool [3]).

Yes, I succeeded in that over a year ago. Visit my site http://www.debwrt.net/
and http://www.debwrt.net/trac/ for more info.

The project includes also a set of scripts (including a menuconfig system) to
build an OpenWrt kernel for a specific device ( not just the RS (PRO) ) and to
create a working Debian root filesystem. And if you need it, it sets up a
cross-compile environment using Emdebian. It currently compiles/creates some
specific cross-compiled Debian packages required to get some things going in
combination with OpenWrt. Note: this is not just limited to MIPS based devices.

There are some ready to-go downloads available for some MIPS based devices. The
RS and RS PRO downloads will be added soon. Sent an e-mail if you need it sooner.

Amain