Debian kernel for Loongson
Summary: "travel advice" wanted
Hello Debian MIPS people,
This E-mail is asking for the shortest way to a Debian Linux kernel
for a MIPS mini PC.
I assume I have the same kind of hardware as Andreas Barth is talking
about in http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2010/05/msg00001.html
I'm aware of http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=583689
where "aba" is also in action.
In other words: others are allready in pursuit and I wanna got after then.
So the challenge I'm facing is 'How to catch up?' !
And my main worries are to loose valuable time on things that could have
Hence my list of questions:
* Will cross compiling on an AMD64 get to the wanted result?
* Would a "native compile" a safer bet? ( 'safer' as in being
more sure to get _faster_ to result )
* How to identify that a recent and proper working toolchain
* From which location to get the Linux kernel source? ( IOW
how to get to a state as http://bugs.debian.org/583689 describes? )
* When having the "right" Linux kernel source, how to get to the
"right" .config file?
If I missed the roadplan for my destination, then please point me to
the documentation I'm looking for.