Re: enigmail FTBFS on mipsel (RFH)

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Willi Mann <foss-ml@wm1.at> wrote:

> Could anyone with a testing/unstable mipsel box please download the current
> enigmail sources and try to compile it? I'd like to know whether the build
> error message "Bus error" is a temporary problem on this buildd or a
> permanent problem.
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=enigmail;ver=2%3A1.0.1-2;arch=mipsel;stamp=1275423629

I just tried building it in a sid pbuilder on a mipsel box running the
2.6.34 kernel,
and I see it crash in the exact same place.  With my system, though,
it reports a "Segmentation fault" rather than a "Bus error".

  inflating: debian/enigmail/usr/lib/xul-ext/enigmail/platform/Linux_/components/libenigmime-.so
  inflating: debian/enigmail/usr/lib/xul-ext/enigmail/chrome.manifest
  inflating: debian/enigmail/usr/lib/xul-ext/enigmail/install.rdf
Segmentation fault
make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 139
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/enigmail-1.0.1'
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Looks like a permanent problem, rather than a temporary buildd problem.

Shane McDonald