Re: eglibc / FP / Movidis

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 09:52:00AM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> Can you be more specific than just 'failing'?

Yes, from
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=eglibc;ver=2.10.2-7;arch=mips;stamp=1271999248
:
Encountered regressions that don't match expected failures:
test-double.out, Error 1
test-fenv.out, Error 1
test-float.out, Error 1
tst-mutexpi4.out, Error 1
tst-mutexpi5.out, Error 1
tst-mutexpi5a.out, Error 1
tst-mutexpi6.out, Error 1
tst-mutexpi9.out, Error 1

This build log is from corelli, but I am attaching the output files
from gabrielli.

> The Movidis hardware has no FPU, so in kernel FPU emulation is used.

Thank you.  Is it possible that we are dealing with buggy kernels?
testing double (without inline functions)
Failure: errno for cos(+inf) == EDOM: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for cos(-inf) == EDOM: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for sin(+inf) == EDOM: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for sin(-inf) == EDOM: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: sincos (inf, &sin_res, &cos_res) puts NaN in cos_res: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: sincos (-inf, &sin_res, &cos_res) puts NaN in cos_res: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: sincos (NaN, &sin_res, &cos_res) puts NaN in sin_res: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for tan(Inf) == EDOM: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for tan(-Inf) == EDOM: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: acosh (1) == 0: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: atanh (NaN) == NaN: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: atanh (0.75) == 0.972955074527656652552676371721589865: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: log1p (-2) == NaN plus invalid exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: logb (NaN) == NaN: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: scalb (0, 2) == 0: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: pow (0, -1) == inf plus division by zero exception: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: sqrt (NaN) == NaN: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: tgamma (NaN) == NaN: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for fmod(Inf,3) unchanged: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for fmod(-Inf,3) unchanged: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: errno for fmod(3,0) unchanged: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: fmod (3.0, inf) == 3.0: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: remquo (NaN, NaN, &x) == NaN: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: fma (1.25, 0.75, 0.0625) == 1.0: Exception "Invalid operation" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog10 (-0 + 0 i) == -inf + pi i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog10 (-0 - 0 i) == -inf - pi i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog10 (0 + 0 i) == -inf + 0.0 i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog10 (0 - 0 i) == -inf - 0 i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Real part of: clog10 (-inf + inf i) == inf + 3/4 pi*log10(e) i: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog (-0 + 0 i) == -inf + pi i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog (-0 - 0 i) == -inf - pi i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog (0 + 0 i) == -inf + 0.0 i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Imaginary part of: clog (0 - 0 i) == -inf - 0 i plus division by zero exception: Exception "Divide by zero" set
Failure: Real part of: clog (-inf + inf i) == inf + 3/4 pi i: Exception "Divide by zero" set

Test suite completed:
  3041 test cases plus 2641 tests for exception flags executed.
  34 errors occurred.
Test: Initially all exceptions should be cleared
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Rounding direction should be initalized to nearest
  Pass: Rounding mode is TONEAREST.
Test: feclearexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) clears all exceptions
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feraiseexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) raises all exceptions
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_DIVBYZERO) is called.

[...]
  Fail: Process didn't receive signal and exited with status 512.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
[...]

  Pass: Process exited normally.
Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_DIVBYZERO
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_DIVBYZERO) processes will abort
[...]

Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_DIVBYZERO) processes will not abort
[...]

      when feraiseexcept (FE_INVALID) is called.

[...]

Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_INVALID
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_INVALID) processes will abort
[...]

Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_INVALID) processes will not abort
[...]

      when feraiseexcept (FE_INEXACT) is called.

[...]

Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_INEXACT
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_INEXACT) processes will abort
[...]

Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_INEXACT) processes will not abort
[...]

      when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.

[...]

Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_UNDERFLOW
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) processes will abort
[...]

Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.
t receive signal and exited with status 512.
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
[...]
Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_OVERFLOW
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
t receive signal and exited with status 512.
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
  Fail: Process didn't receive signal and exited with status 512.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_OVERFLOW
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
  Fail: Process didn't receive signal and exited with status 512.
Test: after fedisableexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) processes will not abort
[...]
Test: feholdexcept_tests FE_DIVBYZERO test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feholdexcept_tests 0 test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feholdexcept_tests FE_INVALID test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feholdexcept_tests FE_DIVBYZERO|FE_INVALID test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feholdexcept_tests 0 2nd test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feholdexcept_tests FE_INEXACT test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feholdexcept_tests FE_INEXACT|FE_INVALID test
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set

10 errors occurred.
testing float (without inline functions)
[...]

  3008 test cases plus 2622 tests for exception flags executed.
  25 errors occurred.
going to fork now
child done
 mutex_unlock failed