Re: NanoNote debootstrap debugging

Florian Fainelli wrote:
On Friday 26 March 2010 16:51:15 Phil Endecott wrote:
Florian Fainelli wrote:
> On Friday 26 March 2010 13:06:01 Phil Endecott wrote:
>> yajin wrote:
>> > The nano note's CPU does NOT have a fp. So it needs the kernel to
>> > emulate the fp instruction.
>>
>> OK, thanks.  But presumably the OpenWRT kernel is already doing that
>> because the OpenWRT binaries run.  Is there more than one FP emulation
>> mode, or something?  (Any docs about this?)
>
> The OpenWrt kernel disables the in-kernel FPU emulator and produces
> software- floating point toolchains (-msoft-float).

Thanks, I guessed it would be something like that.  So presumably I
need to build a kernel (which is not fundamentally difficult, but I was
hoping to avoid having to make a cross-toolchain) - unless there is a
pre-built kernel somewhere that might work for this device?

There are OpenWrt binaries for this device pre-built [1], but they include the kernel plus rootfilesystem, so you might want to compile a kernel of your own with the in-kernel FPU emulator turned on.

[1]: http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/xburst/

Are you saying that those packages have a kernel with FP emulation switched on, so that they will work with the Debian mips binaries?

Phil.