Re: Debian mipsel laptop

Look up "Alpha-400" on Wikipedia and follow the bazillions of links from there.  Does yours have the 2.6 or the 2.4 kernel?

I got the Belco version, added a 16GB SD in the card slot, and have been happy using it as a mini-hacktop that does everything and draws almost no power doing it.

If you have the 2.4 kernel, you will likely find that Etch (old stable) binaries mostly work with the Ingenic userland already installed although you have to manually rip debs as it is not really debian based.  For the 2.6 kernel, you'll likely need one of the newer branches.  Most of the 2.6 kernel user lands seem to actually be Debian derived and apt-get may just work for you once you get to a root shell.

It's not a screamer, but I actually get useful stuff done with it.

Enjoy your new toy!

-S-