SIGILL (illegal instruction) on mipsel buildd (mayer.d.o)

Hello MIPS porters,

I think the mipsel buildd (mayer.debian.org) seems to have a problem. Andreas
Barth (mipsel buildd master) asked me to write this issue to you.

I have knowledge of two packages failing to build on mipsel due to "illegal
instruction" / SIGILL errors in commonly used software, the first one is my
dosbox package [1] failing in dh_installdocs and the second one is wxwidgets2.8
[2] failing in a call to Python.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=dosbox&ver=0.73%2Bdfsg1-1&arch=mipsel&stamp=1260107988&file=log
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=wxwidgets2.8&ver=2.8.10.1-1&arch=mipsel&stamp=1260283794&file=log

The problem with the dosbox build seems to be reproducible on the buildd
(Andreas tried a second build which failed again). The first build was on
2009-12-06 the second one on 2009-12-09.

I tried to reproduce the problem on a mipsel qemu VM (machine type malta) but
it did not occur there and the build finished successfully.

Sune Vorela told me that he could successfully build dosbox on a Cobalt Raq2
too.

I don't have access to mipsel hardware and qemu is painfully slow so I'd really
appreciate if you could investigate the problem. I think that the problem could
be a more general problem with the buildd machine because it occurs in strange
places (dh_installdocs and python should be commonly used on mipsel too, aren't
they?)

Please CC me in replies because I'm not subscribed to the debian-mips list.

Regards
Jan Dittberner

--
Jan Dittberner - Debian Developer