Re: Debian squeeze installer for lemote and gdium netbooks?

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 13:41 +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net> [2009-10-31 10:41]:
> > I'm thinking of upgrading them: is there a debian installer to test
> > for those machines? If not what is needed to get there?
>
> There isn't.  I think the biggest problems at the moment is that the
> Loongson 2F is still not supported in the mainline kernel.  Once this
> is done, it should be relatively easy to take the debian-installer
> patches from GNewSense and integrate them.
>
> Wu Zhangjin, what's the status of getting 2F support into the mainline
> kernel?

Currently, all of the latest 2E support and the necessary preparation
for 2F(including some fixes for the common drivers of loongson2f family
machines) have been in linus' git repo or applied by Ralf for queueing
into the next 2.6.33.

I hope the basic support for loongson2f famlily machines will enter into
2.6.33 and will try my best to push it in the coming weeks.

Thanks & Regards,
	Wu Zhangjin