Re: UPDATE installing Debian on Cobalt Qube 2

Glyn Astill schrieb:
Nice, let us know how it goes, if you don't have any issues then I may try again.
Installation using the serial console was as easy as installing a normal debian on a desktop or server. After the base installation and updates from the debian servers were done to the WD800 HD, i installed the SSH package using "apt-get install ssh".

As i've seen no realtime-chip inside the qube, there's no correct system time set when you start it. To solve this i installed the NTP-server so correct time is set from a timeserver on the net everytime it is started. Maybe i'll add a radio controlled clock to the serial port somewhere in the future.

BE CAREFUL (!!!!!) if you remove the CMOS-battery, this little bay which holds the battery only is connected by two soldered pads and both can't take much force. Take a look at the picture i linked yesterday, it's the pad named "XBT1" left from the screw. I had to solder it after i removed battery and bay by gentle force...remove the card holding RAM and CPU makes this much easier if this happens to you, took me about 5 or 10 minutes to fix that problem.
I was installing a chunk of packages I need in one go, so it's possible my issues were down to one of them.
Good luck, i'm still trying around with the Qube. But i'm gonna look forward to get a 2nd one ;)

cu...
...Markus...