Re: fulong/loongson kernel?

Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> Zhengpeng Hou wrote:
>> Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I am willing to test a Debian installation on the fulong, but I am
>> > unsure about its support. Browsing all linux-image-* packages I
>> > couldn't find any specific for loogson2e. Hence my question: is it
>> > supported at all by Debian testing/lenny?
>> >
>> the 2.6.26's patch for loongson2f is here:
>> http://linuxfire.com.cn/~freeflying/linux-2.6.26-2f-1.patch
>> if we can have this patch in debian's kernel, we can run debian on
>> lemote's machine directly, without any modification.
>
> This is a huge patch. Is there work ongoing to bring it (via
> www.linux-mips.org) into the mainline kernel.org kernel?
Seems they didn't do it.
>> but ICT(who is the designer of loongson) has patch for binutils, which
>> can be found here:
>> http://linuxfire.com.cn/~freeflying/200_loongson2f.dpatch which is based
>> on 2.18.50
>
> I wonder what it works around specifically. It seems to clear bits 28
> and 29 of all jump targets, something that makes me feel uncomfortable
> on a 64-bit system.
>
>> and the gcc's patch has been merged into gcc-4.4 already.
>> actually I'm using debian lenny/sid on a lot of loongson2f based machines
>> now.
>> And also there has another netbook  based on loongson2f, which will be
>> selled firstly in france, details can be found here:
>> www.gdium.com
>
> This reminds me to give a word of warning: I tried to buy a different
> loongson based netbook (Jisus V1) from www.vanderled.com, but this
> appears to be a scam. So far I sent money and got nothing in return.
AFAIK, there has two company working on loongson2f based netbook, one is in china, another is in france, I'm now working for the gdium project in china.  I'm maintaining packages in debian too. [1]  :)

Cheers
Zhengpeng Hou
1 http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=zhengpeng-hou@ubuntu.com