Re: MIPS kernel snapshots - 2.6.27-rc6

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Sébastien Vajda <sebvajda@gmail.com> [2008-09-13 13:13]:
>> Note that I've got a pci usb controller add in card in the Qube PCI slot:
>>
>> 00:0a.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43)
>> 00:0a.1 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43)
>> 00:0a.2 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB 2.0 (rev 04)
>
> Can you try if removing the PCI card helps?

Nope, even with the PCI card removed, it still hangs when loading hald
during boot. Note that if I boot with init=/bin/sh, I can then log in
on the console but after some time the box hangs as well.

>> Note also that the Qube2 is perfectly stable with:
>> linux-image-2.6.25-2-r5k-cobalt          2.6.25-7
>>
>> I've not tested it yet with 2.6.26. I'll do that over the weekend and
>> let you know.
>
> That would be great since we will ship lenny with 2.6.26.

I'm afraid it is not much better. I tried
linux-image-2.6.26-1-r5k-cobalt_2.6.26-5_mipsel.deb, which at least
let me log in with ssh (so hald is not hanging) but commands like top,
less, more, aptitude, ... hangs (but I can stop them with control-c),
while more basic (tty wise) command like cat - something wrong with
the console layer? But after some (random ?) time it will hang as
well.