Re: MIPS kernel snapshots - 2.6.27-rc4

Il giorno mer, 27/08/2008 alle 23.34 +0200, Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:
> Il giorno gio, 21/08/2008 alle 17.44 +0300, Martin Michlmayr ha scritto:
> > I've built some kernel snapshots for mips and mipsel based on
> > 2.6.27-rc4.  They are completely untested.
> >
> > You can find the kernel packages at
> > http://people.debian.org/~tbm/mips/kernel/r12120/
>
> it is working fine on SGI O2 (ip32).

well... a few days ago I moved that machine from etch to lenny. I got a
few problems during the update, but a major one is that when running
applications (firefox, sylpheed) from the icewm menu, the machine
completely crashed: X is blocked but displayed, green light in on, no
network activity, no keyboard, no mouse, no serial line.

When going back to lenny kernel, 2.6.26-1-r5k-ip32, the problem
disappeared, so I think it might be related to this new kernel.

Bye,
Giuseppe