Re: Current build status of the mips port

Luk Claes wrote:
> Hi Thiemo
>
> Thanks for this status report.
>
> Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > I went again through the mips build problems and collected the appended
> > list which records the current state, with a few annotations added.
>
> > Needs retry
> > -----------
>
> All given back when still needed. Please don't include packages in such
> a listing that have a sane wanna-build state: packages in Needs-Build or
> Dep-Wait or Building (for a normal amount of time)...

FTR, this list was only meant as an overview, not as a means to prod
buildd admins or the release team to do something with it. :-)
I planned to request give-backs via mail to -release.

All the items below need further analysis.

> > Maybe needs retry (TODO: check)
> > -------------------------------
> > -- Qt ABI, fix by waiting for next Qt version --
> > kde4libs	# needs rebuild to fix ABI (or wait for new version)
> > kdebase-runtime
> > merkaartor
> > universalindentgui
> > sailcut
> > psi
> > ktoon		# Broken qt ABI
>
> Do they or do they not need wanna-build magick?

I believe they will need only retries once a new kde4libs is uploaded
to unstable (which will fix the current qreal/float/double ABI breakage
on mips/mipsel). That said, I haven't tested if that's enough.

> > -- ghc6 stuff --
> > washngo		# vm exhausted, (arm armel mips mipsel powerpc)
> > haskell-haskell-src # vm exhausted, (mips mipsel alpha)
> > lhs2tex
> > pandoc
> > gtkrsync
> > highlighting-kate
> > haskell-happs-data
> > haskell-happs-ixset
> > haskell-happs-server
> > haskell-happs-state
> > haskell-happs-util
> > haskelldb-hsql-mysql
> > haskelldb-hsql-odbc
> > haskelldb-hsql-postgresql
> > haskelldb-hsql-sqlite3
> > arch2darcs
> > darcs-buildpackage
> > hpodder
>
> Will these probably build fine when retried?

At least washngo still fails, I haven't tested the rest of it.

> > -- other --
> > mlt		# (ia64 mips mipsel powerpc)
> > vdr-plugin-live
> > kde-style-qtcurve # not reproducible, but see #462001, (amd64 arm hppa mips powerpc s390 sparc)
> > mozart
> > gpsdrive
> > libgtk-java	# needs libcairo-java-dev
> > qtnx		# needs libnxcl1
> > tuxguitar
> > music-applet	# needs libxml-parser-perl, (mips mipsel powerpc)
> > mplayer		# (hppa mips mipsel powerpc sparc)
> > edenmath.app
> > gnome-chemistry-utils
> > virt-manager
> > gsynaptics
> > ucspi-proxy
> > epiphany-extensions
>
> What does this list mean?

Those _may_ build now, but that's untested.

> > Should be in in P-a-s (or not-for-us?)
>
> Did you contact P-a-s administrators (and buildd maintainers) about it?

I mail the P-a-s administrator about once a year, I never got a response.

Thiemo