Re: Debian with R10000 Processors

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

>  - Integrate arcload support into debian-installer.  I think it cannot
>    generate tftp images yet, so a solution for that is needed.  Also,

No need to generate a tftp image, as I believe both the bootloader and
the kernel+initrd can be loaded via tftp.

Still need to test that, though. Need to fetch my I2 for that, I
should pick it up at the end of the month.

Not having to generate tftp images for d-i would be a major win IMHO,
so I plan to look into that before Lenny.

Arcload also supports CD booting etc, which could simplify things on
the d-i side & cdimage side too.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>