Please allow the migration of the packages stalled in the MIPS buildd backlog.

Le Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 10:56:19AM +0100, Julien BLACHE a écrit :
> In the MIPS case, the buildds are impacted by real technical problems
> that take time and effort to get fixed.

Exactly, and real technical problems mean real nuisance.

Dear Release managers,

as you probably noticed, the mips buildds are not keeping up. It is
expected to be transient, but there does not seem to be a consensus on
when it can be fixed
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/03/msg00070.html)

Would it be possible to allow the migration in testing of the package
that are waiting for being build on mips or mipsel until the buildd
problem is fixed? I would not expect this to impair the work of the MIPS
porters (CC'ed so that they can tell if I am wrong), while it would help
to propagate bugfixes from Sid to Lenny.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org